Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day



First let me remind you of my tips from last year....

Doreen's 6 rules for the 4th-
1. Do not drink and drive (and light fireworks all at the same time) Bad combination
2. Do not hold Roman candles in your teeth. (unless you've always wanted dentures)
3. Do not use "lit fireworks" as a centerpiece on your wooden picnic table
4. Do not light fireworks under your covers just because it's "darker" under there
5. Do not use hot sparklers as a tattoo maker
6. Have Fun

I fell asleep last night before I had a chance to write a blog and I actually wanted to get these tips out to you before you made some bad choices. Please call if you need me to meet you in the Emergency Room...

On a serious note, Independence Day is a time to think about how lucky we are to live in America. You don't have to like war...I don't. But, we can do our part to keep America a great place to live. We should pay our taxes ~ so we can have better education, nicer roads, parks. Vote ~ because we can and our opinion matters. Respect our flag, honor our troops, be proud. July 4th represents much more than fireworks, it represents FREEDOM.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Be safe...and sane. (I know, it's hard to do...I work on the sane part everyday...no luck yet)

Dream Big,
Firecracker Dor

No comments: