Sunday, July 22, 2007

SMILE :)

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. The smell of my own house, being in my own bed (with good sheets), knowing I would get to see all the kids today...I knew this was going to be a great day.

Jake and I made a quick trip to Costco (before Rick got up or the girls came over) to fill up the cupboards and fridge for his weekly lunches. It was so nice to be in my own kitchen, whipping up a batch of "something" I had just invented. The kids told me how much they missed my inventions while I was gone. Oh, and they missed "me" too! It amazes me how much pleasure I get out of doing things that I once thought were mundane.

Since I've been home, I've received some really nice e-mails from many of you saying how you missed my blogs. I really missed writing them. I think I need to re-evaluate my profession. Is it bad timing to want to become a journalist? Do you think anyone would hire a stage 4 lung cancer patient who just writes about her life? Ok, you're right. I'll just keep blogging for your reading pleasure and my personal joy.

Rick is just not himself lately. His appetite is almost not existent. He didn't get out of bed until after noon today. He doesn't have much energy. I know his body has been through a lot, but he has felt so good up to this point, so I've been spoiled. Hopefully, his blood work will be good enough for him to have chemo on Tuesday. If not, I don't know if they will change his 2nd liver surgery date. I have no control over anything...and I don't like it one bit. Oh wait, I never had any control. Who am I trying to kid?

My tip for the day: Make sure your wills are up to date. If you don't have one, get one. Please~
We can never be too prepared.

Love you more than Clark Kent loved Lois Lane.

Dream Big,
Doreen

No comments: