Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oops, I skipped a day!


You'd think since we weren't gone for chemo yesterday I could have written something wise, spiritual, or funny...No such luck. Instead, I went to Taco Tuesday, with Pam and Janeen, then off to see the movie Hairspray. I cooked. Ironed a few shirts. Went to the grocery store. Cut some hair. Is anyone snoozing yet? I know, it sounds kind of boring. Today, I was thinking about going outside and watching my sunflowers grow.

Honestly, I've been sleeping in. Apparently, this is my body's way of saying "Give me a break, would ya, Doreen? So, I caved in...covered my head with blankets...and got out of bed at 9:20am. I feel refreshed. I feel motivated. I feel like watching Ellen.

Rick looks and feels so much better today. I think a few days at home, skipping the chemo yesterday, and home cooked meals are doing the trick. His appetite even seems to be improving. His color is coming back along with his sense of humor.

I have an appointment at SCCA on Friday so I'll be going down with Pam for her radiation, then to have my blood work done and then to my appointment with Dr. Eaton...then we're going to RIDE THE DUCKS (in downtown Seattle). It's going to be fun. Who couldn't use a little excitement now and then? Then, we might stop in Ballard at some store called Ernie's or Archibald's or Elmer's. I'm not sure what the store has in it, but Pam is sure I need to go there. I'll let you know how it went and what I HAD to BUY.

This blog is making it's way into the hands of complete strangers who are becoming friends. Just yesterday, I received an e-mail from Denise, a "new friend"who at 44, was diagnosed with stage 3B lung cancer, just after Dana Reeves was diagnosed. It's important to me to meet others who are also "living" with lung cancer. When I hear from these people, it gives me hope. I only hope I can do the same for them.

I'd better get out of this bathrobe, take a quick shower, and attempt to do something constructive today ~ Ta, Ta for now!

Have I told you lately that I love you more? Well, I do!

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're looking for Archie McPhee's in Ballard! It's a blast. It may be a dangerous place for you and Pam...You two are already silly enough, but add in a trip to Archie's, and we may have a giggle epidemic! :)