Sunday, June 03, 2007

We made it!

Ok. We're alive and kicking at the Schmitt house. I'm hurting in spots I didn't know I had. We got home around 2:30 yesterday afternoon. I took a soaking bath then layed down for a few hours. Our friends were here from Spokane so we all had dinner at Dave and Val's. Didn't get home until 11:15pm, so even after a good night's rest, I still feel drained.

We've posted lots of photos on Snapfish.com
To see them ~ go to: snapfish.com
name: dreambig@wavecable.com
password: superman

Then view Relay '07 and enjoy! We'll keep posting photos as we get them. If you have any you would like to share, please feel free to upload yours to this site. Thanks!

Here are the highlights of the event (as I can remember)

Top money raisers: Women - Angie Schmitt - over $6,000
Men - Bill Gum - over $2,000
Youth - Lauren Hansen - $250
Team - Doreen's Dream Team - Over $19,000
Rick and Doreen's Dandies - over $10,000
Crystal Titus walked 131 laps (one more than last year)
Karen Hushagen walked 132 (one more than Crystal Titus...ouch that hurts)
3 boys (not sure of their names) walked/ran over 160 laps
32 teams made over $1,000. (last we we only had 30 teams in the whole event...this year we had more than that raising big money)
Beautiful weather
Wonderful prizes (I won the pajama lap...It was a fleece Mariner blanket)
Great friends
Lots of people
Good Food
A whole bunch of laughing

If this doesn't have success written all over it, I'm not sure what does!

Rick starts chemo again this week. We have the next two chemo treatments scheduled, then we don't know what Rick will do. He might take a little break. Let his body heal. See if any major changes happen.

I'm getting a little loopy right now, so I'd better sign off.

Love you more than hummingbirds loves sugar water.

Dream Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi doreen! this is jordan osborne. i just wanted to let you know that those three boys that ran/walked 160 laps were Chris Gangloff, Richie Tiland and Nick Huvde. Chris and Richie were on my team!! They did a great job! Relay for Life was amazing this year!