Monday, June 04, 2007

Blah, Blah, Blog

It was about a year ago this time that I talked about how bittersweet it is to finish out the year at school. I look forward to the time off from the hectic office, but I never know where those months will take us, physically. I can guarantee we're going to have a great summer.

This summer we might take Rick's Dad back to the town he grew up in, in the Dakotas. I've agreed to go along as long as they'll take me to Disneyland, Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis (the motorcycle town), Disneyland, and buy me some jewelry in the Black Hills. Honestly, I have no idea where any of these places are in conjunction with the town we're going to, but if I act really sweet and promise to drive every once in a while, I'm sure they'll cooperate.

I've heard nothing but positive comments from people these past couple of days, about the Relay. It was AMAZING. Now, we'll take a little time off to recoup then start again in September. Oh, my feet hurt already just thinking about it!

I'm going to be a new AUNTIE tomorrow. Jeff and Dawn are having girl #2. I had a dream a few nights ago that it was a boy with red hair, but Dawn assures me I'm wrong. We'll see. :) I'm not sure if my niece Darlena is willing to share me with some "newbie". I have enough love to share with both of these sweeties, so I'll make it work.

When I spoke this weekend at the opening ceremonies, my speech was how cancer is a lot like the game of baseball. I've been asked to share it online, so I might just do that tomorrow.

Love you more than all the graduates with SENIOR-ITIS!

Dream Big, Doreen

No comments: