Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm a new Auntie


Today was chemo day and so far everything has turned out pretty good. Rick is exhausted as usual, but not feeling nauseous or any other discomfort. He had leg cramps during the treatment (they're not sure why that happens for him, but he's suppose to start drinking tonic water... without the gin - it's suppose to help with the cramping)

We had an added little excitement this afternoon when Baby Jacqueline joined the family. I'm not exaggerating when I say she has more hair than I do. She weighs 8 lbs.10 oz and is a cutie patootie. Her Mommy is doing well. She's just resting before they make her go home and start doing housework. Her daddy is doing great too. He just gets to hold her and promise her nice things when she grows up (as long as she doesn't talk to boys).

Our bodies are starting to feel better after the long weekend, Thank goodness! Now if I could get my house cleaned, yard work done, and clothes ironed I might feel like I'm back to normal.

By the way...Cancer Sucks!

Have I told you lately that I love you more than all the socks lost in the dryer?

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: