Friday, June 22, 2007

Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband Concert


I had a fantastic time last night at the Tractor Tavern with 8 friends (I wish all of my friends had gone...we would have packed the house). Honestly, I'm not a groupie, but they were so fun to watch! Every song was entertaining...we laughed...we cried...we bought CD's. When they played Dream Big, they dedicated it to Doreen and the Dream Team. I talked to them on the radio yesterday and told them we would be wearing our Relay Dream team shirts. Once people spotted us, they knew who we were immediately. I've attached a couple of photos. This place only has about 15 chairs, and our group took almost all of them. What a fabulous way to end a school year. Great music, good friends, and a Dick burger on the way home :)

Isn't it a shame that it takes something like cancer, to motivate us enough to have fun just for the heck of it on a work night? Though we were all exhausted today, none of us would have given the experience back for a good night's rest.

This will be a busy weekend as we prepare for our journey to Spokane. I'll try to write a blog each night when we're in Eastern Washington just to keep you posted on how things are going. Rick will be having his surgeries/procedures at Sacred Heart Hospital. Thank you for all your love and support. (By the way, I think this steroid/inhaler I'm on might be making a difference - I'll let you know next week for sure)

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick, We will be praying for you! Doreen, take care of yourself so you can take care of Rick.

Much Love,

Don and Linda Zimmer