Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Don't just talk the talk

This morning on my way to work (which is only a 3 minute drive) I listened to Oprah and Friends on XM Radio. I stayed in my car a few extra minutes in the parking lot because the guest speaker had something interesting to say. She said, "we try to say the right things, and do the right things for others, but we sometimes forget to do this to the people closest to us". It made me think about all the little things I take on and wonder if I'm leaving those I love in the dust so I can do the right thing for someone else... I would never do it on purpose, but I evaluated my life (right there in the high school parking lot) and I am guilty. My friends and family know that I'm happiest when I'm doing things for others (or knitting if it's winter time) so they just stand back and let me go. I'm going to work on reminding them how much they are loved, appreciated and admired. Starting RIGHT NOW. If there is anyone out there who I've kicked to the curb...I'm sorry.

Today at work Kevin Plambeck gave me a "complaint free world" bracelet to wear. If, you complain, you have to switch it to the other wrist. I only moved it once (not because I was complaint free but because I kept forgetting to move it) Actually, I don't think I complain much, and if I do, it's about myself....Geez...what's going on tonight? This self evaluation thing is a lot of work. Pay more attention to those you love and don't complain? Isn't this asking a lot of the woman of the year who has cancer? Just kidding... I'll do anything for you.

Tomorrow night is my Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert in Ballard. I'm really excited to go. I might need to take a nap during the day since the music doesn't start until 9:00pm. Perhaps I'll sleep in a little too! For those of you who've forgotten...Ryan Shupe's band plays my favorite song, DREAM BIG! I'm hoping to talk to them tomorrow morning while they're hosting the KMPS radio station.

Rick slept terrible last night. He kept burping Chemo. I think he finally fell asleep at 5:00 this morning. Hopefully tonight will be better for him. No change in my cough yet...Patience Doreen, Patience. You only went to the doctor yesterday.

Love you more than all the times I've played DREAM BIG on my IPOD, or in my car, or at Desert Aire, or on my computer, or in my head....

Go ahead and say it...
Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: