Monday, May 14, 2007

Where do I begin?



Mother's Day was a very nice. The weather was beautiful, the kids spent the whole day with us, working in the yard, cleaning out the storage room in the basement (and taking home all the things we've been "storing" for them for years). I'm a lucky mom.

Pam got some unsettling news today about her latest biopsy. Apparently boob #2 has a different kind of cancer in it. Invasive Lobular Carcinoma. Is anyone getting sick of the C word yet? I sure am! Pam was already scheduled to have surgery on boob #1 next Monday, so in her words...It will be a 2 for one job. They will do their magic on her at the University of Washington Medical Center (aka Seattle Grace Hospital for all you Grey's Anatomy fans). I'll be by her side all day. In good times, in bad times, I'll be by her side forever more....that's what friends are for. (I know those aren't the correct words but it worked for my sentence).

I'm starting to get excited for Relay for Life. We've gone over the $70,000 mark and we still have a couple of weeks to go. I'm so proud of our community, our daughters and our friends. I'm attaching the sign we had made. My dad built the sign and the thermometer, and Mary Mac Signs did the design. What a great job! Thanks again for your committment.

I've been working fearlessly on my speech for Sunday. I'm starting to get nervous now. I really have to do it ~ I can't back out. What if I make a fool of myself? Oh, never mind. I do that all the time...it's nothing new. If you're not doing anything on Sunday at 2:00, the Lutheran Church in Stanwood is hosting this women's event called Friendship and Chocolate. The cost is $5.00 and it should be lots of fun. If you need more information about it or want to join us, give me a call and I'll hook you up with a committee member to get a ticket.

I know this is a shocker...but I'm tired. I need rest. More importantly, I need beauty sleep!

Love you more than all the money raised for cancer research....

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: