Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What a day

Yesterday was a whirlwind. We learned a ton about Pam's breast cancer. She learned how important it is to have a "team" of doctors who are looking out for her best interest. Pam's daughter Erin met us at the Seattle Cancer Care so she got the information first hand as well.
We do know that Pam will be having another surgery. We do know she'll be having radiation. We are certain she will take a drug for 5 years (without many side effects). And they're over 90% sure they can cure this thing. That was worth all 8 hours at the doctor's office yesterday.

I'm a little mentally exhausted today but I have a lot to do at work before we head off for Jake's graduation. This is a busy weekend at the high school and I don't want to leave them all unprepared.

My earache is getting much better. I'm on the mend. I just need to take it easy these next few days so I feel good for the trip to Pullman. I'm scheduled for a massage today after work. That should help a little.

I'll write more tonight when I'm not as rushed.

Love you more than all the runny noses in an elementary school.

Dream Big,
Dor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your last baby getting through college. What a gift it is for you to be able to be with Pam through her care and recovery. Nothing helps more than having people who love you. Hope your ear is all healed by the weekend. Enjoy.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I love you Mom and Dor. Thanks for the laughs yesterday. You two are the best.

Anonymous said...

Doreen, Congrats to Jake for a job well done! Hugs to Pam as she gears up for the upcoming months in fighting and surviving her cancer. I am just a couple of weeks away from my 1st anniversary of being a survivor. We girls rock! Linda Z