Saturday, April 28, 2007

More Upgrades...

Today they layed wood flooring down our stairs. It looks amazing. I can't believe this is the same house we've been living in for over 20 years. Everyday I wake up and look at all our improvements and think, "why didn't we do this a long time ago"? Oh well, it was worth the wait.

We went to a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Auction last night and bought a few things we didn't need, had dessert (that we didn't need)...but it was for a good cause. My sister-in-law Dawn is active in the group and asked us to join them. We had a nice time and visited with some people we hadn't seen in a while.

I've been cooking and cleaning today (while the workers were here). Rick, Jake, My Dad, and Rick's Dad have all been putting up a new fence for our cows (I call them cows but Rick says they're steers...I'll just refer to it as the other red meat). We only have 3 steers at the house right now. (Not actually in our house, they are wandering around our acreage) They're eating grain and getting ready to go into someones freezer. Sorry, all you vegetarians. When you grow up in a farming community, you eat beef and fresh veggies. :(

Tonight we're going to play Bunco with a group of friends. It should be fun. If nothing else, the company will be great and I think there will be wine. Or if I don't win, I'll whine. Either way, wine/whine is involved.

Better get back to working. I'm on a roll and I don't want to get distracted.

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: