Wednesday, April 18, 2007

364 days and counting...



As I sit here tonight, I can't help but reminisce about my life. One year ago tonight, our lives were uneventful, I had an annoying cough, the sun was shining, Jacob was getting ready to turn 21,and I was anxiously awaiting test results from my lung biopsy. I was convinced I had T.B. (though I wasn't sure if people still got it), or I had a new strain of bacteria (perhaps something I picked up in Mexico), or even the bird flu (though I wasn't around any birds). Instead, I got lung cancer. Wow, that's a word I've heard more than I'd like to (and I'm going to out on a limb to say you're tired of it too). What I also received, was hope, courage, new friends, deepened friendships, undying love, strengthened faith, and the ability to DREAM BIGGER than I thought possible.

I'm here because of you. Your prayers, love, support and laughter (along with the TARCEVA) have given me so much more to look forward to. Thank you from the bottom of my lungs....

Dream Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are sick of hearing the word "cancer", so we all dream, and we all fight. One day our dreams will be realized, and the battle will be won. We dream big because we have the brightest inspiration anyone could ever want. We have you!