Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A quick goodnight!

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I'm going to take Pam to the hospital for surgery (I know many of you have offered to take her because Rick wasn't feeling well, but he's doing ok tonight and he said Pam needs me tomorrow...you gotta love that guy - Thanks for the offers!) She's been a great friend to me and I would be sick if I wasn't with her on a day like this. Oh wait, I am sick. Oh well. I'll go anyway. Just kidding...I love my red headed buddy like family. I wouldn't be anywhere else but by her side. Rick gets his chemo fanny pack off tomorrow so hopefully he'll be feeling much better by the weekend. Does this sound like a bad soap opera?

Have I told you lately? Cancer Sucks!

Dream Big,
Dor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those of you who take the Stanwood News.... I would like to kick off the official campaign for "Doreen Schmitt, Woman of the Year"! She has been an inspiration to all of us, she has demonstrated love, courage, vulnerability, compassion, caring, friendship, incredible humor, and how to Dream Big. Very Big. She has shared her journey, her ups and downs, her "True Companion", her family and friends (best wishes to Pam) She has brought an awareness to our community and WAY beyond about cancer, life, Relay for Life, important and unimportant things.. that are ALL SO IMPORTANT!
Vote for Doreen! Ballots can be filled out at Eagle's Nest and other Stanwood businesses!
GO QUEEN DOREEN! OUR INCREDIBLE WOMAN OF THE YEAR!!
Love,
Rosalie

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the rest of the world realizes Stanwood, WA really does have a "QUEEN"? Vote and maybe the word will spread world wide, too many people are missing out :)

BIG HUG PAM.

Love you more than all the sunroofs open today :)

Anonymous said...

I send my best wishes with Doreen, who I know is the best representative of our always growing huge encompassing blog family. Have a safe and successful day, Pam.

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
I am glad to hear that Rick is feeling better and the new counts he received are a blessing.
Pam is a very special lady and she is lucky to have a friend like you. My thoughts and prayers will be with her and you and your family. And I agree Cancer SUCKS!!

I keep dreaming big!!
Dixie (Heather's mom)