Thursday, March 29, 2007

Is it nap time?

With all the excitement (or worry of today), I went without much sleep again last night. What bothers me most about it is that I like to lose those 150 calories they say we lose while sleeping. Do you think I lose any just tossing and turning? Enough about that. I'm taking a nap as soon as I turn this computer off.

Pam's surgery went well. She's nauseated right now but that will soon pass. The doctor said the tumors were encapsulated and they did not appear to spread to the nearby tissue. That is great news. Now we just wait for the pathology reports to confirm everything we already know and head down to SCCA for an oncology appointment. If all goes well Pam will have 6 weeks of radiation (every weekday for 6 weeks). I just made that sound like no big deal (I get that from Pam - she's still calling her "condition" calcium deposits) Thanks to all my friends and family for their prayers, love and concern.

Rick is feeling much better today. He had his chemo pack removed and is now down at work. He scared me for a while....I'm better now. It's hard to see the ones you love, sick. So enough is enough, already!

I'm always honored when I hear someone say, "I read your blog all the time". Had cancer never entered my life I would have missed this opportunity to share our story with you. Pain has a way of either teaching or wounding our soul. The choice is largely ours. I clearly have a lot more to learn so you can guess which road I'll be taking.

Love you more than all the sheep I counted last night...and the night before...and the night before that!

Dream Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't know if you all remember me?? Its The Pegster,I know its been awhile, Bla,Bla,Bla,Bla...

Well I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and Rick, and you know I am thinking of the famous Red Head!! Love you Pam!! I am praying for you,and you know your in good hands!!!!

Slice I miss you soo much!!! We really shouldn't let this much time go by without seeing each other!! Your my mentor and I need you More then you know..... I hope that you know that?? And if you don't well girl you do now....Rick get better soon so I can continue to give you a hard time!! You know I love you too... Ok, Well I will sign off but before I do always know that the my thoughts and prayers are always with you all... Pam your most awesome continue with your plan of becoming the famous Red Head of Stanwood!!!! Peace out to all my Peeps... Da Pegster