Monday, March 05, 2007

Messy House

We've been gone for a few days to the state basketball tournament. Right before we left we found out that our new hardwood floors and carpeting would be installed, starting Monday. We were very excited, but I wanted to paint before everything arrived and I knew we wouldn't be home until Saturday evening. Needless to say, my troop of helpers arrived and we painted for hours yesterday (The livingroom, laundry room, kitchen, hallway, and down the stairs) What was I thinking? It looks beautiful, but I fell asleep in my painting clothes last night and I still had a few touch-ups to finish. Not to worry, I'll do it tonight while Rick is vacuuming all the dust up...What a mess. The final results will be worth it...just like cancer. You sometimes have to go through a mess before everything looks beautiful again.

Dr. Eaton has moved my CT up for tomorrow instead of the 19th. The pain in my side (ribcage) has been an everyday thing lately that sometimes requires something stronger than a Tylenol. So, instead of waiting a couple of weeks, he figured we should get to the bottom of it now. I agreed.

Rick woke up yesterday feeling like he had something caught in his throat. I pretended I was a doctor and looked in his mouth for anything suspicious...his uvula (dangling thing in the back of our throat) was very swollen. We called the emergency oncology number and they gave us a few things to try before heading to the emergency room. The swelling never worsened, but it was very uncomfortable for him. He still has the symptoms this morning, but he is getting used to them. It looks like his mouth sores may be appearing - starting in his throat area.

I'm going to get in the bathtub now and soak my paint off. I know I'll still have some touch ups to do, but I thought I should wait until the dust is gone.

I'll post some photos soon. I can't wait to get it all put back together.

An I love you more than from my friend Cathy: I love you more than all the daffodils waiting to pop up through the dirt....

Dream Big,
Doreen

No comments: