Friday, December 15, 2006

Let it Blow.. Let it Blow... Let it Blow?


What in the heck is going on with our weather here in the Pacific Northwest? This is crazy. A few weeks ago we were snowed into our homes, now heavy winds are blowing, and trees are falling faster than the seahawks in the NFL standings.

Mom called me at work yesterday and said she felt stongly that I needed to come spend the night at their house in Stanwood. She said she was getting a bad feeling about the HUGE pine trees that my neighbor refuses to remove from his property.... not that I'm bitter about it or anything. I too had a bad feeling about them. I knew I wouldn't feel safe in my home so I packed some clothes and had a sleep over at mom and dad's house. We watched the Seahawks struggle, and then shortly after we lost power. It was off and on for the rest of the night. That's why none of us had the opportunity to write last night. Sorry about that.

My mom wasn't kidding when she told us she was addicted to knitting. She continued to knit by candle light like something out of Little House on the Prairie. I finally convinced her to stop knitting so we could lay in front of the fire and play the handheld game, 20 Questions. I hate that game. I mean... I love it... but every time it guessed our word we would toss the thing away from us and scream like a little kid who just saw a spider. It's creepy.

I am still in Stanwood but I am thinking about driving home to Mount Vernon and assessing the damage that was likely done to my property. One of my neighbors promised to call if a tree flattened my house so I feel confident it's still standing. Now it's just a matter of hauling large branches out of my yard. Not something I'm looking forward to.

I hope all of you managed to make it thru the storm without any significant damage.

Amy

No comments: