Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow Day #2


You know how we say "isn't it beautiful" on day #1? Then day #2 comes and we realize that we can't leave the house without the driving abilities of someone else? And... although it's pretty, the power outages have run their course...And... there is always something we're hungry for but we can't get in the car to go to the store... Well tomorrow will be day #3 and it doesn't look like the snow is going anywhere. Now, it's starting to lose it's sense of wonder... I'm feeling pent up. I have places to go, and people to see. I need a coffee (a real one). Though it's still pretty to look at, I've decided to take a couple of photos and look at them every once in a while to get the desire I have for snow... out of my system.

I went to work today (with the help of my boss and Rick). It's amazing how much work I can get done without answering the phone and without kids in the school buildings. I know everyone at work is understanding when I have to leave for appointments or if I'm not feeling well, but I always feel guilty. So, when I have the opportunity to work on a day like today (and again tomorrow) it makes me feel ok about leaving work early or coming in late.

I took out my Christmas decorations and boxes of ornaments today. The house is starting to come together with the feeling of the holidays. I have a lot more to go, but since it isn't even December yet, I'm trying to take it slowly.

I really am feeling great! And as Martha Stewarts says: "That's a good thing"

Stay warm. It's going to be a cold one tonight.

Freezing (I mean Dreaming) Big,
Doreen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom-
It looks like my fun is over... the Marysville School District is two hours late today so I will have to put "real" clothes on and head to work. I have really enjoyed playing outside with my snow clothes on and then quickly switching into my pajamas and cuddling up by the fireplace. I kind of forgot that I even had a job!

Stay warm!

Love you,
Angie

Anonymous said...

Angie-

Consider yourself lucky. Although "going to work" is usually a bad thing... I am going crazy in my house. I only WISH I could go to work. I have been snowed in since Sunday and it's not looking promising for getting out anytime this week.

If Howie Mandel offered me a two hour work delay, I would hit the red button and say DEAL! Enjoy your little munchkins today...

Amy