Thursday, November 30, 2006

Blog Problems



Yesterday I had a problem with my blog page. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Hopefully, you all have other important things to do each day besides read my jibberish. If not, here goes....

You know how I whined about bad coffee, being pent up in the house, and getting tired of the snow? Well, while Rick was hard at work yesterday, my friends Cathy and Reid came and picked me up and took me out for a day of fun. Reid took Cathy and I down memory lane and "spun a donut" (went around in circles in the snow with the car for those of you who didn't know the terminology) in our driveway before we left. Boys never change. But that' ok, we love them anyway. We went to Starbuck's for peppermint mocha's, then shopping for Christmas cards (though I never found any that were perfect). Rick met up with us for lunch so we had a chance to do a little more talking and laughing. It was a wonderful day. Reason #11,347 to stay around for a very long time.... Snow days with my friends.

I was watching a show yesterday that said men speak an average of 7,000 words per day and women speak an average of 20,000 per day. Is this because women have more important things to say? Just wondering. I'm usually very quiet, so I think I only say about 5,000 words. I'll let you be the judge.

It looks like we're going to get some relief from the weather. Though it's still very beautiful outside, it's finally warming up. Thank goodness. Now, we need it to warm up slowly so we don't have more flooding. It seems like our little community has had it's share of hard times this year. Maybe December will be good to us.

I've attached a few photos from the past couple of days. In one of the photos, Rick is outside with our little niece, Darlena (better known as, Auntie's girl). She is reason #11,348

I'm sure we have to head back to work tomorrow (however, I have tests in Seattle all afternoon so I won't be working much) so I think I'll take this time off to wrap a few more presents and enjoy the peace and warmth of home.

Love you more than all the melting snowmen in Western Washington....

Dream (Warm) Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was watching a show yesterday that said men speak an average of 7,000 words per day and women speak an average of 20,000 per day. Is this because women have more important things to say?

Sorry, no. We men have simply held firm to our Neandrathal roots and can accomplish much with a simple grunt, gesture, or meaningful itch. Rednecks are especially adept at this.

--Dave in MT