Friday, September 22, 2006

Have I told you lately how much I love....Tarceva?

Though I've been feeling a little under the weather lately, the good news is that it is not cancer related. Apparently, it's ok for me to catch a bug just like everyone else. My CT chest scan showed that Tarceva is still doing it's job. Each CT scan has showed improvement. That is great news. The doc says it's nothing to be alarmed with but they are going to watch a couple of lymph nodes in my chest. The CT tech noticed a small change from my last scan but they say it's nothing to worry about at this time.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend now that this appointment is over. I plan to enjoy the weather and the fun things I have planned for the weekend (aka: a date with my hubby at the Elton John concert tomorrow night). If you are out and about tomorrow morning, stop by Haggen in Stanwood and say Hi. The Stanwood Health Club is doing a promotion for their new "pump" class in the parking lot of Haggen. They are donating the money they make between 10-11 to my charity of choice. A bunch of us will be there collecting donations for Lung Cancer research. I'd love to see you and share my happiness from today's test results.

The group will also be raising money on Sunday from approximately 10am-4pm at Haggen so if you don't get a chance to stop by tomorrow, come and see them on Sunday while you are doing your shopping.

Thanks again for all of the phone calls and words of encouragement today. We have all been worried about the words we might hear, and the overall fear of the unknown. We couldn't be happier with today's results. Keep dreaming big because it seems to be working.

I love you more than all the Tarceva I intend to take over the next few years.
Big Hugs and Kisses-
DOR (and family)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doreen and all the Shmitties,
Great to hear about the appointment today. It made my whole night. Have a great weekend. Go Huskies. (We don't have to agree on everything).
K

Anonymous said...

We have been waiting to hear how your appointment went today - so glad to hear it went so well. Keep writing everyday, it is always encouraging to read your enteries. You are inspiring a lot of people to live life to the fullest. Continuing to DREAM BIG!!

Love, Allison R.

Anonymous said...

Good news Slice!!! I look forward to seeing you tomorrow... Love you Like I love Peace..... Big Pegster Hugs!! :) Go Cougs, Kevin!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
So happy your appointment went well!

Love you lots-

Jen, Scott and family

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, sigh of relief from the South end! :)

Anonymous said...

DOR: WE HAVE BEEN AT DA ALL WEEKEND, I WAS ANXIOUS TO GET HOME AND CHECK THE BLOG TO GET THE UPDATE ON YOUR DR.APPT. FRIDAY.
WHAT A RELIEF TO KNOW THE TARCEVA IS CONTINUING TO WORK.
SOUNDS LIKE THE RALLY AT HAAGENS WAS A SUCCESS, THAT IS SO COOL.
LOVE YA MORE THAN ALL OF THE BUGS ON OUR WINDSHIELD.
CINDY