Monday, September 18, 2006

Gloomy Day

I've never been one to let weather effect me (except when I have to cancel games because of rain) but today it did. I guess I am going through a new phase in my life. When the sun is shining and it says light out until 8:00 or 9:00 I just go about my life until it's time to go to bed. Now, it's getting dark early, it's dark when I wake up, and lately I haven't like the darkness. Maybe it gives me too much time to think. And...thinking can be a bad thing for a busy mind. :)

I know that many of you have said, call me if you ever just need to talk. I know you all mean it, but tonight I called the cancer lifeline. It helped. I spilled my guts. I cried, I laughed, and Stacey on the other end of the line didn't tell me everything was going to be ok, or not to worry. Instead, she just let me talk. When I was finished rambling, she said "Doreen, don't hesitate to call again whenever you feel the need. That's what we're here for". I believe that. What's that old saying? "No one is a stranger. They're just a friend we haven't met yet. " I think Stacey was just the friend I needed tonight.

My doctor's appointment has been changed to Friday so they can do a CT scan as well as blood work. I promise to let you know what the Doc has to say. I believe it will be good news! Tarceva hasn't let me down yet.

As Forrest Gump once said, "Never wear a belt and suspenders at the same time; people might think you're paranoid". I'm not really sure what it's suppose to mean but it makes me smile. :)

Good night,
Dor

No comments: