Sunday, June 04, 2006

Success...



I’m not going to pretend I am walking in my usual manner or that my feet don’t have blisters all over them (if I recall, it was about midnight when I switched to flip flops for the remainder of the event.) My body took a beating (I can’t even imagine how my dad “AKA Marathon walker” must be feeling.) I am so thankful to have had such a great group of women on our team. I think the weekend was a success. Not only did we raise the most money of any team ($14,054.20), but we also had many touching moments that we will never forget. From the warm sunshine to the pouring rain, we experienced it all. After seeing the looks on everyone’s face I would have to say there are very few regrets about signing up and participating in this event. Thank you so much to the women who gave their time before, during, and after the event. I also want to thank our great friends and family who came and experienced the event with us. So many people deserve recognition for their help in making this event so memorable but I especially want to thank MaryAnne (who made the Doreen’s Dream Team sign and brought us Banana Crème Pies at the perfect time), and Larry Libby (who took some photos of our team early in the day and had them developed and returned to the tent a few hours later). Those are the types of things that make me proud to come from such a great community and have such great people surrounding my family. I look forward to next years Dream Team. We have a title to defend ladies.....

From all of the Schmitt Family.... We Thank you.

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, WHY am I up right now?? will I make any since when I try to put down in words what a wonderful day It is when your ( Schmitt' Fam.)in the world.....

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in" words ", Wait that's one of those songs that played over and over in my Sleep walking body last night..
You all feel me??

It was most wonderful and amazing last night to see something that will forever be imbedded in my mind, and will encourage me to continue to help fight against the "C" word from this point on!!

From tears to Hugs, and from Hugs to tears our TEAM made it, and I am proud to be apart of this group!!
Keep your heads up and keep the faith and pray for better days, better days, Its up to us to make the change!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!Peace out The Pegster :) And Homeslice, Yuzzz My Homegirl 4-ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This weekend was an amazing event for each and every one of us that attended/participated. The way that our friends and family have surrounded us and supported us through this un-wanted adventure is something that we will never forget. I would personally like to thank the handful of friends that showed up at the track to support me. I know good people when I see them and I saw MANY this weekend. We have all been fighting for our survivors but I especially appreciated the Luminaria hour where we were given a quiet moment to remember the special people in our life that were lost to this disease. It was overwhelming and mentally draining to hear the 500+ names announced over the loud speaker. As hard as it was, it will always remain with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the many people that had a part in making this event happen. The little things (and BIG things) that people are doing for our family are not going unnoticed.

With love and respect,

Angie