Saturday, May 06, 2006

If love heals...I'm cured :)





Buddies,

Yesterday about 80 wonderful people gathered around the reader board at the high school with "Queen Doreen" shirts on for a "team photo". I have never felt so honored to have all of these great people on my side. I saw the photos last night and they are awesome. Thanks to all of you who instrumented it and those of you who took time out of your busy day to join us.

This whole "lung cancer thing" is still very new to me. I still look the same, act the same (sorry about that), but I feel much, much different. When I look at people I take the time to see the color of their eyes, flowers have never been more beautiful, every song I hear has meaning, I can't go anywhere without a hug and a well wish. Oddly enough, I believe I will be a better person for having had this disease. (And an even better person after I BEAT it).

Dream Big -
Doreen (17 day - Stage 4 - Non-Smoking Lung Cancer Survivor)

Now it's Rick's turn: (please be patient...he's not done with his Mavis Beacon typing course)

Friends, Family, & Co-Workers:
Your generosity and love for my wife is immeasurable. I can never repay the kindness and love you have shown to not only her but our entire family. I'm amazed at the comments people write about the way Doreen has touched people's lives, I just never new how much. Yesterday's "team photo" to support the most beautiful, caring woman I know really put it into perspective.
Thank you for continuting to help us beat this disease.

Live Strong -
Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, Doreen, Amy, Angie & Jacob,
We visit your website often. The postings from your friends and family only confirm what we already know about how much you are loved and appreciated. We couldn't be more proud to be part of your family. Stay strong and know that you are in our hearts.

Love,
Kevin, Andrea, Robert & Bella

Anonymous said...

Hey Homeslice!! What up?? Yea, Its that crazy Pegster... You know the one that just talks a mile a minute... Well I just wanted to say being there for Queen Doreen and seeing all those wonderful people was amazing.... And I am so glad, and thankful for having such a wonderful friend in my life!! I will be wearing my Q. Doreen shirt while I work out, so that I can look as good as you do someday!! Have I told you lately that " I love You" Don't worry Rick, I ain't being weird :).....Peace out Sweet One!! Peg