Friday, May 05, 2006

Great News!




Hello again my friends,

I have great news. (And no, I didn't save money on my car insurance with Geico)

I was notified yesterday that Regence has now agreed to pay for my treatment (TARCEVA) indefinately. I knew they would do the right thing. What saddens me though, is how an insurance company can determine whether or not you get to take a life or death treatment.... I was a lucky one. I had advocates for me all over the place. From my doctor's office, to the drug company, to Rick's company, and most importantly the School District. They really went to bat for me on this one and I feel honored. What I do hope is that when you get the opportunity, you will still write to our government and express your concerns for those people who need treatment and are being denied by their insurance company (and don't have the advocates I did).

Thankfully, the medicine isn't making me really sick so far, but it does tire me out. I'm planning on working in the mornings for a while then we'll play it by ear depending on my progress. I want the freedom to take off with my family and/or friends for adventures when they arise.

I hope that each of you are stopping long enough in your busy lives everyday to just enjoy your life. Sometimes I think I may have spent too much time worrying about and doing things that were not all that important. Participate in YOUR LIFE!

I'm trying to keep up with returning phone calls and thank you's but I'm not doing very well so far. Please know that I'll get back with you and I thank you from the bottom of my pea-pickin' heart (this came from my Twin City Foods working days) for all your kind words, gifts, flowers, hugs, etc.

Dream Big,
Queen Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the best news Dor!!! I am so happy that you have such a net work of people out there for you... We all know how you've net work in your home, job and making things happen for the kids, coaches and friends, Its about time something like this happens to Queen Doreen!! And your right NO ONE should be denied health Insurance to treat their illness, It should be our right to live a long and healthy life without jumping through hoops!! Good for you!! I knew there was a reason I LOVED Stanwood!! Peace always, Peg Your Homegirl!! lol,lol...