Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another great day


My friends :)

I had lunch today with a couple of my "oldest" and dearest friends from high school. We laughed, cried, then laughed a bunch more. It really is the best medicine (next to Tarceva -which by the way is making a rash appear on my chin as we speak)

I recieved an e-mail from "my band" today and I thought I would share it with you. My brother sent a note to Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband (DREAM BIG) and they responded almost immediately.

This is just another sign to keep dreaming big.

All my love, Dor

Read what they had to say....

"Hello Doreen,This is Bart, one of the members of Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand.We just received an email from your brother Darren and he gave us your email address. I just want you to know that we are so happy that our song is helping you as you fight lung cancer. Ryan wrote the song years ago and wehave played it live for almost the 10 years that our band has been together. I have watched it touch people in the crowd and we've received a lot of email talking about how the song has inspired hope for people. It is a songthat we live by and many more have adopted it as well- and we are honored that you are one of them. I just want to send you some simple heartfelt encouragement as you face this new struggle in your life; You can do it!Keep dreaming big and hang in there... Brighter days are sure to come.

God Bless,
Bart Olson
W/ Ryan Shupe & the RubberBand"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I hope you realize how important you are to your family, comminity, and even people that have never met you ... like Bart! Keep Dreaming Big Dor-

With much love

Anonymous said...

Dear Dor~
Wonderful updates! You have a rash AND you're a GROUPIE!
Hugs to you,
Rosalie

Anonymous said...

I thank god for the gift of your friendship.

Dreaming Big for a body rash!!!

Much love -

Anonymous said...

Hi Doreen: Its Aunt Fran. I'm a litle slow at how to do all this computer stuff. But now that I know you won't be able to shut me up. This message sends hugs and kisses to you and hang in there. There are some people in the world that just cannot possibly leave us early (you are one of them)..Lots of love