Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Melting....

No one told me the real down side to being bald. When the weather is 105 degrees with high humidity and you're sweating profusely, the sweat goes directly down your face and neck. It has nothing to "cling" on to, like HAIR. It is not a pretty sight and it's way too hot to wear something on my head. So, I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it for a few more days.

We checked the weather forecast for California and it will be a cool 75 degrees on Saturday when we arrive in San Francisco. Hallelujah!

For those of you reading this blog who live in Stanwood or the surrounding area, you know that our weather has been record breaking and ridiculous. For those of you who live elsewhere I'm sorry if this is your usual summer weather. I wish I could stop talking about it, but it's 10:30pm and our house is still 90 plus degrees. We don't have air conditioning because we get about 10 really warm days a year (if we're lucky). We do have good heating however because the other 355 days are usually cold.

I'm not sure if chemotherapy does something to our internal thermostat but I'm starting to go a little crazy from the heat. I'll try to write more tomorrow unless I'm delirious....

Dream Big and Stay Cool,
Doreen

2 comments:

Tai said...

We feel your pain down here in PDX. 106 was our high today, and like you, most of us don't have AC. PLUS, us Beaverton folks are getting ready for our Relay on Saturday.

Dreaming of cooler temps...

Anonymous said...

Headband should do it.