Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Peaceful Cinco De Mayo

I had another great day in California with Bonnie. We slept in, drank coffee and talked all morning about how we were going to save the "world". After showers and breakfast we went into the town of San Carlos, shopped around had a pleasant lunch then headed home to get ready for our .evening.

Tonight, Bonnie, Tony and I attending a dinner party with about 150 research scientists, who are working on early detection for lung, prostrate, ovarian and pancreatic cancers. It was an amazing event to attend. They have studies in the works where dogs walk around people and smell their breath. If something is wrong with the person, the dog lays down on the person's feet. Lots of evidence...it's just incredible.

I learned this afternoon before we left, that I might have another appointment in the city tomorrow with the pumonlogist then again on Thursday with the transplant team. I can not believe my time here with Bonnie and her family is almost over.

Tomorrow is Bella (Andrea's daughter) 7th birthday. They're having a big party with a bouncy house and lots of goodies. I can't wait for the fun.

I'm heading off to bed... Goodnight sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doreen,
I loved that you ended today's blog with, "Goodnight sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite." Our Mom used to say that to us and it brought back wonderful memories! Thanks! Rose (Shelly too)