Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday's Scoop

Today in the mail I got my itinerary for my next visits to SCCA. On Wednesday, I'll have a PET/CT scan, then on Monday the 11th, I'll start my new chemo regime. I'm hoping the information I learn from the docs in San Francisco won't be too much of a conflict from what my oncologist in Seattle has scheduled. I'll keep you posted on how it all works out.

We started the morning kind of laid back (like most days) then Rick went to work and I did a few things around the house while I was watching the NFL draft. Tonight, Dave and Val picked us up and we went to a Relay for Life fundraiser auction. We had a nice time and got some great items. After the event was over, the 4 of us went out for dinner and talked about how much fun we had last week in Palm Springs. We've all agreed that it's a trip we'd like to take again...maybe every April?

Amy and Melana went to Desert Aire this weekend for some peace and quiet (and they both have studying to do....Mel for her work and Amy for the Air Force). Before they started studying Mel painted the front door to Desert Aire house #1 a beautiful dark red while Amy mowed and weedeated the yard. It's so nice to have the kids volunteer to help with the upkeep. Maintaining 3 houses can be a lot of work. We need to get house #1 sold so we have a little more time to just enjoy ourselves when we spend time over there.

The webisodes I've been working on for Bonnie's website are now up and running. I'll attach a link to the sight tomorrow. In the meantime, you can get on the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation website: bjalcf.org and look around for it. Our story is under the Lung Tube site, and it's called Love and Cancer. I know the story and I still cried when I watched it.

I hope you get a little rest and relaxation tomorrow before you head back to work. R & R is always good for the soul.

Dream Big and Laugh Out Loud,
Dor

No comments: