Sunday, April 05, 2009

All is Well

For those of you who are having withdrawls from reading the daily blog, sorry about that. I have been too busy living (and loving) life to write a blog. On Friday I had chemo and it went well. I no longer have RSV so I am safe to hold your babies and kiss the elderly.... or something like that. :)

After chemo Rick and I drove over to Desert Aire for a wonderful weekend. We were delayed for 30 minutes on the way over the pass due to avalanche control. Internet is touchy over there so even if I had stopped having fun long enough to write a blog... there is no guarantee I would have had any service. I didn't want to risk wasting time so I enjoyed life with my Ricky instead. We watched a movie and spent a little while touching up the white paint on the other house (which is still for sale). We had a few people stop to look at the house this weekend but still no offers. If you or someone you know is looking for a vacation house with a view and awesome neighbors (that would be us) please let us know. They won't be disappointed in this darling place.

We enjoyed the beautiful weather all weekend and had a wonderful time visiting with our friends and family. Our plan was to leave around noon and head back across the pass but those plans were quickly changed when we heard about the new avalanche issues. Snoqualmie pass was shut down for hours and when it finally opened, the back-up was over 18 miles long. It re-opened with only one lane moving westbound. We heard the news and decided it was a sign that we were meant to stay a little longer in our "paradise" and avoid the mess on the road. We did exactly that (thanks to a few phone calls and updates from our friends who were stuck in it).

We are looking forward to a great week at home. I'm hoping to have all of the kids over tomorrow night for the NCAA championship game and a yummy dinner. I hope all of you had as wonderful of a weekend as Rick and I.

Rested and Loved-


The Stemkoski's said...

Yay! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time, and got the great news that the RSV is gone! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

We got caught in the back-up...but when it was only 6 miles long while returning from Mom's Weekend at WSU. Thought about taking the scenic route since it was such a nice day and checking out the "paradise" we hear about. But decided to get-on home....just to get-on stuck in traffic. Next time we will swing in....the Schmitts are WAY more fun than stopped traffic. So glad you are both doing great. oxox Jill K