Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time to Rest and Recover

Hi guys...it's Dor. I'm out of the hospital now, but I'm not going home for a few days because I am still contagious. Melana opened her condo for me to stay in through the weekend. It is only a mile or two from the hospital and it will give my body a chance to heal. If my temperature goes up again, or if I have any complications, I can be at the hospital in 5 minutes or less. Rick is trying to recover from chemo and he certainly doesn't need my germs around him. I have an appointment on Friday at the infectious disease clinic at the hospital. They are going to do some blood work and talk about our upcoming plans. We discussed performing a broncoscopy (biopsy) to check for any new bacteria or fungus that may be trying to make a new home in my lungs. Taking a chunk out of my lungs is certainly not our first option, so we'll do everything we can to prevent the broncoscopy. I'm hoping I just continue to get better and skip that process.

It has been a tough couple of days for all of us. All three of the kids spent a lot of time with me in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday so by the time we found out I had a contagious virus, it was too late to keep them out of harms way. Jake woke up this morning really sick. With him being a teacher and around germs all the time, it's hard to tell exactly where he got it, but I also can't rule out that he got it from me and I hate that. Jake is feeling a little better tonight so we are all hoping it was just a 24 hour flu bug.

I'm so thankful for my friends and family and all they've done for me these past few days. We have decided that we better "pick teams" for the next few days so we don't share this virus with Rick (or anyone else for that matter). The options are "Team Rick" and Team Dor" but nothing in between. It's silly for my germs to leave this condo. I'll learn more from the doctors on Friday about how long I should stay away from home. I just know that I'm already missing my Ricky's face and little bald head, and it's only Wednesday.

I love you more than all the times I've coughed over the past 4 days...boy, are you loved!

Dreaming Big,
Dor

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better, even tho we are about the same age I have to play mom.... remeber cancer tends to invite lots of "bugs" to the house party, gotta watch out specially thru treatments... ok mom is gone take care. Donna

Sonya said...

SOOOOOOO glad you are out of the hospital! Get better my friend! Keeping you and Rick in my prayers! Hugs and Love!

Anonymous said...

Dor...You first right now, K? Yup...you have lots of "moms." Hugs and healing.

Julie H.

Anonymous said...

Boy...are you loved, too!!

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Dor,
Mick and I just want you to know that we are praying for you down here in Yuma. Get well soon.
God Bless
Love,
Joan

Anonymous said...

So glad your out of the hospital. Get lots of rest and feel better soon. Thinking about you - Love, Andi

Anonymous said...

hugs, not bugs!
lz

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, glad to hear you are out of the hospital! Relax and take care of yourself my friend.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox simple as that!

Lynn said...

Hey Dor...glad to see you out of the hospital and resting close if need be. The sun was shining today and I hope you got to see it, wrap yourself in the sunrays and feel the warmth. All of that is your friends and family, gathering around you, giving you strength to heal and get home soon. I am as close as a phone call and within 15minutes or less of being there if you want broad shoulders, tissues, some crazy reminiscing or some lovely tea or maybe a great chocolate bar, hmmm? Rest my friend and we'll talk soon, Lynn N.