Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Amy & Angie

Our baby girls are 32 years old today. Where did the time go? I swear it was only yesterday that Angie hit Amy in the head with a meat tenderizer and she had dots on her forehead for weeks (Amy wore a stocking cap for days - in the middle of the summer - so no one would notice). They were the most adorable and loved little kids I knew. Big brown eyes, wavy dark hair and smiles that would melt your heart. Not much has changed. Angie still hits Amy with kitchen utensils, and their kindness and generosity would melt your heart in the middle of the Arctic Circle. They are NOT for SALE but they can be leased for a good price. Happy Birthday my beautiful little angels.

This morning (or afternoon) when we got up, Rick showed me an area on his tummy/side that was a little bothersome. After one look, Dr. Doreen diagnosed shingles. I first thought to myself "are you kidding me"? Then I called the doctor. As I assumed, they wanted Rick to see a physician and to get some antiviral medicine. So, this afternoon was spent in the waiting room of the Everett Clinic where my diagnosis was confirmed. After his appointment we headed to Smokey Point for a quick trip to Costco, Safeway then back to Stanwood to pick up his medicine. It might sound funny to those of you with REAL LIVES, but I almost felt like it was a date. Do you think I need to get out more? So far, Rick is not complaining of pain. Let's hope he has a mild case of them.

The kids are all coming up tomorrow to celebrate the girls birthday. We're going to have a great time and I'm sure lots of laughing will come into play.

I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open so I've gotta get to bed and catch up on that beauty sleep I always mention.

Until tomorrow,
Love you more~Dor

No comments: