Friday, January 02, 2009

Date Night with Dave and Val

Every year we promise to get together with Dave and Val more often than we do. So far, we're on track for our best year ever. Rick and I went out for dinner then to see "Marley and Me" with our wonderful friends. When the movie was over, Val and I had to go to the bathroom to freshen up our faces. We sobbed like little kids...along with everyone else in the cinema.

Rick is feeling good tonight. Still no terrible side effects, thank goodness. Just fatigue and he can handle that.

It's my week off from chemo so the week has been kind to me. We start up again on Tuesday!

A longtime acquaintance, Carolyn passed away yesterday of cancer. Rick and I had just seen her at the luncheon we attended at Camano Chapel a couple of months ago. Carolyn told me that she used to read the blog everyday. I hope her family finds comfort in the days ahead. I know she will be greatly missed.

Jake and Megan arrive home tomorrow night. They've called a couple of times and they're having a wonderful time. Yesterday they laid in the sun a little too long. Megan has a little sunburn and Jake probably just has a TAN. I can't wait to hear all about their trip.

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: