Thursday, November 13, 2008

All is Well

Mom is home sleeping. Her chemo went well but she is exhausted. I was at her house when she got home this afternoon. She walked in, layed on the couch, and immediately fell asleep in the middle of the conversation. Hours later, she is still there, cuddled up and sleeping peacefully. All is well in the Schmitt house.

I picked up a book at mom and dad's house this afternoon. I remember when she received it a few years ago from Mary Beth Sammons, the author. It is called "We Carry Each Other" and I would recommend it to anyone. I have always wanted to find time to read it and for some reason I picked it up today. I open the book to a random page and this is the quote I saw. I couldn't agree more.

"Faith in the future is not dead in our hearts.
Better still, it is this hope, deepened and purified,
which seems bound to save us".

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Goodnight my friends-

Amy

No comments: