Friday, October 24, 2008

Be careful what you ask for... you just might get it

A few days ago I updated all of you on mom's test results. I gave Dor a hard time for not having her phone on, not returning calls, and more or less not keeping us in the loop. I have to say, I'm beginning to wonder if my request to be "kept in the loop" was such a good idea.

Last night I was sound asleep, counting sheep, and probably drooling on my pillow, when I was awoken by a horrible sound. It was 4:16 and the horrible sound was my cell phone vibrating on the nightstand. I attempted to turn on the light and find the phone. With all of the "stuff" our family is going thru right now, my cell phone is always on and close by. When I finally opened the phone, it was a text message from Dor that said she had arrived in Dallas and was catching her connecting flight. She said she slept the whole way there. It also said she loved "all of us" so I guess it's fair to say that someone else was blessed with this precious gift at 4:16 this morning.

I smiled, rolled my eyes, and finally fell asleep. Right as I was slipping back into a deep sleep, I was startled to hear yet another loud vibration on my nightstand. Again, I fumbled with the light and hoped it wasn't bad news. It was mom... (and did I mention it was 5:49?) this time telling us that she had landed and was looking forward to "an informative day". I don't remember smiling after the second text message.

When mom gets home from her trip we should probably have a quick little chat about when it is good to be in contact with your family, and when it's ok to wait. Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. :)

Well informed, but with sleepy eyes-
Amy

No comments: