Saturday, September 06, 2008

My friend Neener is finally a Nana


Within this "storm" we call life, every once in a while we have a little peace and calm. I started my morning out with a walk with my buddy Lynell and it just got better from there.

Angie and Shannon stopped by to watch the cancer special that I TIVO'd from last night. It was nice to see them both for just a few minutes before they took off for the busy day they had scheduled. If you didn't get a chance to see the special, let me know. I'll invite you over and we can watch it and share popcorn (like movie night). Amy had drill with the Air Force this weekend so I didn't get to see her (though we talked a few times), Jake and Megan celebrated their 4th anniversary of their 1st date, kayaking around Lake Union then dinner at Benihana's. Oh, to be young again.

Today Rick and I attended a wedding for one of the guys who works for him. We had a very nice time. During the wedding, my phone vibrated and I knew what that meant...My friend Janeen was becoming a grandma (I know Anna and Bo had to do some of the work...but they'll get the credit for that later). I've attached a photo of Janeen and Reilee (I think that's how you spell her name). As you can see Grandma is elated..

My tears were almost not existent today. Perhaps I'm DRY. Rick is still feeling well thanks to all your thoughts and prayers. I think next week is going to be spectacular.

Big day scheduled tomorrow (working on wedding announcements). I'm looking forward to all the plans Megan and her mom have in store for us.

Dreaming Big,
"Auntie" Dor

No comments: