Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday Night Update

Rick is feeling better tonight though his appetite isn't anything to write on the blog about. Amy came by for a visit (and a haircut) so I made Chicken D (a family favorite) for dinner. Rick tried his best, but couldn't gag it down. I didn't take offense to that. Instead, I made him scrambled eggs and fresh peaches. It sounded better and went down much easier.

After I wrote the blog this morning, Rick ended up going to work. He figured, I don't feel good so I could stay at home and get nothing done and feel icky, or I could go to work and get something accomplished and feel icky. He chose the latter. Tonight after dinner he ventured over to his brothers property to see how his new building is coming.

No word back on Rick's blood count, but the nurse assured me that we're going to skip at least one week of chemo for Rick until he's up and running again. I think that's a fabulous idea.

I was nice having Amy stop by tonight. She's been really involved with a job in Tacoma so we don't see her much. The two of us snuggled on the couch and caught up on life. She's now off for another exciting adventure.

Tomorrow, I'm spending a good part of the day with Angie. She too, needs a haircut (as do I).

It's time to call it a night since I have a big walk scheduled again in the morning. Lynell drove it after our walk and it appears we put in 4 1/2 miles today. If I keep this up, I could get a marathon done in a week :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: