Monday, June 16, 2008

MRI Results

I ended up getting out of bed around 5:00am and started working on DA house number 1 so I wouldn't wake Rick. I'm happy to say, just as Rick was getting out of bed I was finishing the rest of my duties on house number 2. Don 't get me wrong. I'm not bragging about what a hard worker I am, or how I could do this forever...No, I just meant by the time Rick woke up, he was able to focus on all the stuff he needed to do while I took a shower. Teamwork. You've gotta love

Dr. Eaton called today and told me that no significant tumors were found on my spine, however they did find multiple lesions called hemangiomas. 6 or 7 years ago I hurt my lower back picking something up out of my trunk and when I had an MRI back then, the doctors mentioned seeing lesions back then. They sent me to a neurosurgeon and an oncologist and brushed it off as nothing. It makes me wonder if I should have pushed my concerns way back then. Now I'm not sure if these "things" even have anything to do with my hip/back/butt pain (or cancer for that matter). But, now that we know there are no significant tumors, I'm heading to an orthopedic doc. Hopefully a little physical therapy, walking and stretching will ease the pain. I'm also hoping they learn a little more about what these lesions are doing on my spine, if anything.

Tomorrow I'm going in for my monthly (or every 2 month) lung CT scan. I'm suppose to get the results on Wednesday morning, but at $4.50 for a gallon of gas, I'd rather play around in Seattle and come back to the Cancer Care later in the day for results. Dr. Eaton will be in meetings in the morning but said he would try to make that happen. My friend Kim will be going with me for moral support and a little fun during our "down time".

Every day Rick gets stronger and stronger. I hope this is a good sign for whats to come during his next round of chemo. I'm so happy when he feels better.

This afternoon when we returned from Eastern Washington, I went to our end of the year birthday celebration for the office secretaries who will be celebrating their birthday's over the summer. We were laughing way too hard within the first 10 minutes of the party. It was the best ab workout I've had in months. Thanks ladies.

Time to get to bed. My day starts early. I'll be in Seattle traffic around 8:30am...I can't wait...at least we'll be in the carpool lane. Another, one of the perks of having friends :)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6/17/08 Good Morning America interview with Dr. Dean Ornish regarding his study of cancer patients and diet. Promising results, even reversal in some instances, for patients who followed program.

Basics are: eliminate meat and cheese from your diet...seems proteins feed cancer cells.