Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Birthday Present Arrived


Besides the new house at Desert Aire, Rick bought me a new computer for my birthday. It's "spring green", fast, loaded with good stuff and it has "Onstar" on it. Well not really Onstar, but if someone steals it...LoJack, the computer God will find the culprit who stole it. If I drop it, step on it, run over it with my car, spill coffee in/on it, I can get it replaced. I feel a little spoiled, but you only turn 50 once. I may choose to keep this age for a couple of years, so... I may turn 50 more than once, but you get the point.

Rick is feeling a little better tonight. Not great. Not good. Not "pretty good". A little better than crappy, but that's better than yesterday. Improvement. That's what we're after.
The oncologist called today and said I was giving Rick all the right drugs. He might feel better if he tries marijuana but he lives with a lung cancer patient, he can't stand smoke and he's already goofy enough. I would make him try it if it gave him the munchies but there's no guarantee.

Our house is covered with Relay for Life stuff. I keep loading things in the SUV but if I don't stop soon I won't be able to see out the windows. I can't wait for the house to be clean of boxes and bags, and paperwork....

I really need to think about getting a couple good nights of sleep before this event gets here. There's nothing worse than a tired "old" grouchy woman and I may resemble that very soon if I don't get to bed.

I've been keeping it a secret...but Bonnie Addario (my best buddy from San Francisco), her daughter and granddaughters are coming here tomorrow to join us for our big day. We are all looking forward to her visit. It will be a short one (she has to go back on Saturday) but even a minute with her is so VERY SPECIAL. I can't wait for you all to meet her. She is the Susan G. Komen of Lung Cancer. Remember this name: Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation. It is changing the way people think about Lung Cancer.

Until tomorrow (my last day in the 40's),
Keep Dreaming Big~
Dor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your 50th birthday party at the Relay For Life!

We also have a special guest at the Grant South Adams Relay For Life in Moses Lake this Friday & Saturday, Tom Willner,from Atlanta, GA the singer, songwriter from the Celebration On The Hill Video will be performing Celebrate during our Luminaria Ceremony Friday night at 10pm!

Good Luck & Happy Birthday!

GSA RFL