Sunday, May 18, 2008

Endless Weekend

After what seemed to be an endless weekend...I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. We've all had our plates full...Amy and Melana went to Desert Aire to study and not be interrupted by phones, tv's and garage sale shoppers. Angie and Shannon didn't study anything, instead...they sold garage sale items until they were blue in the face (actually they were red in the face from the 90 degree weather..) The garage sale was a hit and they made lots of money. The Dream Team is approaching their $20,000 mark and we still have 12 days to go. Jake spent the weekend in Seattle with the Bride (Megan) and her family. After preparing for the garage sale, I've been motivated to throw away more STUFF. I have other names for the junk I've been finding but this is a family website so I'll refer to it as STUFF. Today I feel like I made some progress. Rick, "pyrotech man" has been burning a pile of stumps with our neighbor for the past 2 days. They get their big machines and push the stuff around until the flames get higher...Hey, doesn't that sound like a song?

The concert I went to last night was amazing. It was a late night, but well worth it. I'm not sure why, but I woke up earlier than usual, so Rick and I went to the Duck In for a fundraising breakfast. If I keep going to fundraising events, I'm going to have to have a fundraising event for groceries. :) Just kidding...

Honestly, we're doing well around our house. It's funny how staying busy takes your mind off all the things that would otherwise make you crazy.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but if our health is still good as we approach January, I'm hoping to leave Rick for a couple of weeks and go to Haiti on a missions trip. I've wanted to do it for a long time and there is no time like the present. Truth is, sometimes we don't have a future so why not do whatever we want whenever we want to? Like Dr. Eaton says "if it brings you joy, do it". Or was that it Dr. Nike who said "just do it"? Either way, I'm hoping to journey to a land very different from the one I reside. I'm sure I'll learn more about life in those 10 days than my first 50 years.

Until tomorrow...Surround yourself with people you love....

And don't forget to ~
DREAM BIG!

Dor

P.S. Don't forget to place your order for a "There's no place like Hope" bracelet. I tried again tonight to put the order form on the blog. I'll keep working on it, but if you're interested in ordering now, go back in the blog a few weeks and get the information on a day I called "bracelets for hope". If you have any questions, call me at 360-629-4398 and I'll direct you to the right person. Cindy Cutforth who designed and is making these has sold over 50 already. Keep up the good work Cindy :)

No comments: