Thursday, May 08, 2008

Another exhausting day

I found my keys.   On Tuesday, I planned on stopping by the dealership to have a new key made (for only 100 dollars) but I got to the dealership late.  Later that evening, the restaurant I lost them in, called to say they had found them.   Is that considered a divine intervention?

Today was another very busy day for me.  It started with making soup for a fundraiser for Jake's school, then I went to a Chamber of Commerce meeting with Pam and presented the award for the 2007 man of the year.  The winner was Randy Heagle, a dad of one of my former cheerleaders.  The woman of the year was Pam Lindahl, but I told her I would not be handing my crown over.  She would have to get her own.  After the luncheon it was off to the grocery store with my mom and aunt (my Aunt hadn't done her major shopping in over a month...so my SUV was loaded to the top), then to dinner with our friends the Gums.  We don't get together often, but when we do we always have a great time.  (Bill and Jane, I'm working on a menu for that pub/restaurant we're going to start some day...you keep working on the venue).

I met some great people today at the luncheon I was at.  A man introduced himself to me and said he had just been diagnosed with lung cancer in December.  Another woman from Hospice was a speaker and she talked about Hospice and how most people think it is for people who are dying.  Instead, she reminded us that it's for people who want to Live.  She introduced herself to Pam and I and we made an instant connection.   My day was filled with lots of hugs and well wishes so it was worth every exhausting moment.

I know it might seem early for me to feel the effects of acupuncture, but honestly, tonight I feel better than I have in months.

Until tomorrow,
Dream Big, Live for the Moment, Dance in your underwear...and hope no one is watching.

Doreen


No comments: