Friday, April 04, 2008

Worst Movie Ever!

Got up this morning and had a nice day with my parents. We went out to lunch, then to Costco. I'm sure my parents usually spend about 10 minutes in the store when they go alone. They bring their list...get their stuff...then head out. When they went with me today, we went up and down the aisles looking at everything. They were troopers. I never heard one complaint out of them (well, at least not out loud).

This afternoon I went to a movie with some friends. Pam insisted that we see the movie "4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days". She assured us that she had good references & the movie got great reviews. It may have been the worst movie I've ever seen. No, I'm certain, it was the worst movie I've ever seen. I'm still baffled that someone was at the door taking money for the next crowd that was coming in. Ugh.

Tomorrow is another fun filled day. I have a wedding shower to attend for my friends daughter, Anna. Then Rick and I are going to do a little birthday shopping with our niece, Darlena. Tomorrow night I'm going to get packed up and ready to head to Desert Aire. I'll be entertaining some friends during the week, then Rick will be joining me on the weekend (or at least that's the plan for now).

Rick's mouth is feeling better, no more bleeding. I feel bad leaving him here by himself all week, but he says he's a BIG BOY and can take care of himself. I'd like to believe he really needs me. My hip is actually feeling better. I'm not sure if it's the steroids doing the trick, but whatever it is, I like it. My back is still in a state of a constant ache, but I'm tolerating it.

My first phone call of the day was from my long term disability coordinator. He said he was sorry for having to make the call, but he noticed one of the boxes on my claim wasn't filled in by one of his staff members. His words, "We need to know if this Stage 4 lung cancer is terminal?" I told him I hoped it wasn't but I haven't been given my schedule yet. If we've lived this life in fear of dying, we haven't really lived at all.

And, isn't terminal a place where you park your bus or ferry? Just wondering?

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

No comments: