Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring needs to get here...Soon

March is coming to an end, already. Can you believe how fast this year is flying by? You'd never know it was spring with all the snow we've had on the ground the past few days. Hopefully, we'll be able to plant our flowers soon. The care tags on all my flowers always say: It's safe to plant after all chances of frost/snow are gone. Here's what's coming up in the next few months: Our girls are taking vacations (not with each other...but they're both going to fun places), my friend Cathy turns 50 (what the heck is going on with all these people around me getting OLD?), I hit the 2 year survival mark (Yahoo), and Relay is just around the corner. If you're still wanting to get involved, there is time.

Yesterday was a fun day with Megan and her mom, Debbie. Jake and I joined them and they registered for their wedding gifts. It sure made Debbie and I wish we had nice things in our cupboards. The day was long however and my back wasn't feeling too hot by the time I got home. A little pain reliever and my bed and I was feeling much better.

Today was a lazy day for me. More lazy than usual. I never got out of my jammies. Again, church was on my agenda this morning, but instead I dreamed a ridiculous dream and woke up at nearly 10:00am. I must have needed it.

Rick and Jake took dinner over to Rick's dad's house tonight so they could all watch a Pay-Per-View program. I volunteered to make the food as long as I didn't have to go watch the wrestling program (or whatever it was). They just got home and Rick is feeling terrible. He said he can't remember the last time he had such a bad headache. I've got him comfortable with a cold rag on his head and an ice bag on his neck. Hopefully he'll get some relief soon. Actually, Rick and Jake were outside this afternoon cutting wood. Maybe he over did it. (That is definitely not my problem).

It's chemo week so Rick has blood work tomorrow then we're off to Seattle. I have an appointment while he's in getting his chemo. We'll keep you posted on how everything is going.

Dreaming Big,
Doreen

No comments: