Saturday, February 16, 2008

I couldn't keep quiet...


Yesterday afternoon, Rick's cousin Jennifer came by and brought some talking sticks (see the attached photo) to help me keep my mouth shut. They are really cute but I need to use them more. Thanks Jen!

When I woke up this morning I was silent. I tried not to talk much throughout the day but I slipped up every once in a while. Then we went to a college basketball game tonight...I saw a friend I haven't seen in years and I did it. I talked, and talked, and... well you know the way I am. I must say when I first got up this morning, I think there may have been a difference in the way my throat felt. Maybe there is something to the being quiet theory. Tonight I don't notice much difference, but that was self inflicted. I'm going to try to keep my talking to a minimum for a while and see how it goes.

Angie was an official at the game tonight which was one of the reasons we went. When we got to the game we had a special surprise from the Skagit Valley Girls Basketball team. They collected over 200 dollars for our Relay for Life team (Amy and Angie were former players). So, before we left the gym tonight they gave us a popcorn bucket filled with money. What a great gesture! Thanks team and coaches!

This blog is coming late in the evening because we had a Wii tournament after the game was over. Angie, Amy, Shannon, Melana, Rick and I played until after 11:00. It's now way past my bedtime, so I'm off to Dream Big.

Love you more than all the Wii records we broke tonight.

Dor

No comments: