Friday, January 11, 2008

Busy couple of days....

I've been a busy girl the past couple of days...hence, no blog. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and everything is still stable. So again, no news is great news! I've developed an anxiety with objects around my face and neck. Sounds crazy, but I can hardly stand to wear the protective mask at the hospital, or when I snorkeled in the Bahamas I felt like I was choking. I even feel that way when I have a scarf around my neck too tight. These are all new experiences, but not that unusual for someone with bad lungs, I guess. Just another adventure to look forward to.

We had our Relay for Life kick-off last night. For 3 hours we had a steady stream of interested people stop by the cinemas. They gathered info, chatted, had refreshments then stopped by Starbuck's to sign up their team. (We couldn't get wireless Internet at the Cinemas so Jake and the McCune boy's sat at Starbuck's with their laptops on and waited for anxious Relayers to sign up). So far we have 33 teams. Not bad for early January :) If you're interested in getting involved or want to donate, go to http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeGreatWestDivision?fr_id=6258&pg=entry

Rick's chemo treatment has treated him pretty well this time. It may be because he was well rested from the vacation, or maybe it's because he has a good wife taking care of him...either way, he's doing fine (except for his sleeping habits).

Lots to do today...I'd better get going...
Dreaming Big,
Doreen

No comments: