Friday, November 09, 2007

We made it to San Franciso...

The girls flight was delayed for a couple of hours this morning then they circled San Francisco til the fog cleared up. It was a long day for them. Then Rick, Jake and I got to the airport and found out our flight had been completely canceled (this is becoming to be a pattern for my travel arrangements). They couldn't guarantee us a flight until late tomorrow afternoon. I begged, pleaded and used my "cancer card"...and said we really needed to be in San Fran for a big Event that I would be speaking at. I didn't mention that I would just be speaking to my friends. None the less, I needed to get here and begin the celebration of life with my friends and family.
We ended up on a flight that was scheduled to leave earlier than ours that was held up until 8:30 and we finally made it to San Fran around 10:45. We're here and that's the most important part.

Amy still sounds terrible, so I'm hoping with a little rest and relaxation tomorrow, she'll be feeling great for the event.

Now for our room. Photos will not describe it. It's actually about 1,800 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, marble soaking tubs, beautiful linens, marble floors and kitchen counters, stainless appliances, washer and dryer, beautiful dining room set and plasma tv's in each of our rooms. I could get used to this kind of living. Perhaps I'll need to find a job that pays more than a school secretary. I feel so honored to be one of the chosen ones who get to share this beautiful Ritz Carlton Club/Residence with all my friends and family. The staff was amazing from the moment we walked in the door. Our room had been filled with goodies from Bonnie and her family or staff. We sure love these people. Reason number 14,596 to live. I need to make it up to Bonnie.

I'd better hit the sack. Tomorrow will come early and I don't want to miss a thing.

Please don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful, hate me because we're living on top of the world.

Dreaming up here with a birds eye view,
Dor

No comments: