Friday, September 07, 2007

Long Emotional Week

The week is over and not any too soon. My emotions were raw. Today I cried a little more than the day before. Not because I think I'm making the wrong choices about work and life, but because I'm finally making A Choice. This is my life and I need to take care of it. So, if that means more knitting and less stress...then that's what it will be.

Tomorrow we are going to the Washington State Cougar game in Seattle at Quest field to watch the team (but mostly Romeen Abdollmahamadi the kicker and a friend). We are really proud of his accomplishments as a walk on kicker and as a student. We were going to have his name put on the back of a shirt, but we couldn't find one big enough and you would need to take out a loan to buy all the letters.

Amy and Angie got to meet Bonnie and her daughters today. They hit it off (which I knew would happen). Bonnie could brighten the darkest day with her smile and sense of humor. I feel like our little circle is complete. We were all meant to be in each others lives.

Karen Hushagen, Amy and Angie are all sharing a room in Reno and apparently having a great time. Although Angie's back is still hurting, I know she is very happy that she was able to attend this event. More importantly, they were able to see what a difference Bonnie and her team of Doctors and Advisors are making in the world of Lung Cancer.

Today my dear friend Val picked me up for "lunch". Though we didn't eat anything, we did drive around (a little fast) in her Mercedes convertible and drank frozen coffee drinks. The music, friendship and laughter were exactly what I needed. We acted a little bit like Thelma and Louise....it was refreshing :)

Love you more than Stanwood loves it Spartans.

Dream Big,
Dor

4 comments:

Rachel Emma said...

Dear Doreen,

I have recently found your blog and have started reading it, i would just like to say i also have cancer, i'm 21 but had cancer since i was 15. I also have a blog at www.rachelemma.blogspot.com where i write about my life with cancer and everything that comes with it.

I just wanted to let you know i'm reading and wishing you well!!

Take Care,

Rachel Emma

Anonymous said...

What's this "Sunflower Foot" I heard about?

Anonymous said...

Rick and Doreen,
I just logged on for the first time, and I will certainly be reading and keeping up on your progress. I just came in last night from Reno where I heard your daughters speak. My goodness, you must be proud! They are incredible, just as they described their parents. All the best to you and your family!

-Heather Rike
Relay Event Chair
Oregon City, OR

shelley said...

Rick and Doreen,

Your daughters did an amazing job sharing your journey with cancer over the last year. There wasn't a dry eye in the house as they spoke.

We Relay for you - survivors and our inspiration!

I'll be a blog lurker going forward! :)

Shelley Mauss
Past Event Chair
RFL of Tacoma