Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What's Happening Wednesday

As many of you noticed, yesterday we had a lot to say. I hope I can still find some words to share with you today. Oh, you know me...I'll never run out!

Rick didn't sleep last night (at all). I think he wanted to watch Poker After Dark, or some all night ESPN special but he says it was because of the chemo. All I can remember is a spider biting me on the palm of my hand and I woke up in a frenzy. I'm sure the spider wasn't that big, but because I couldn't find it...I imagined it to be a black widow or a brown recluse. Let's face it, I need more quality sleep and a little less stress in my life.

I'm very proud of our daughters for agreeing to share our story with a room full of strangers who are all fighting for the same cause. More importantly however, is the fact that I'm proud of them for just being who they are. Though they came to us in the same package, they are very different. They're not perfect. Neither am I. They're not always funny. They don't think I am either. They make me crazy sometimes. I make them crazy most of the time. They are always truthful. They are always amazing. They are smart, talented and deep thinkers. And, they're beautiful. No matter what they say at the American Cancer Society's Regional Event in Reno, I can guarantee it will come from deep within their hearts.

My boss is still in the hospital so I've rearranged my office (inside his) where I can have more room, a better computer and a door to shut out the Riff Raff. I'll try to keep his name on the door for a few more days, but if he's not back by Monday...well, we'll see.

It's time for my beauty sleep. (I've got a lot of catching up to do...if you haven't noticed)

Dreaming Big,
Dor

No comments: