Sunday, August 19, 2007

Everyone... Meet Noah





I have mentioned Noah before. He is the 23 year old guy in my Air Force unit that was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few months ago. I have attached a few photos. I love this guy! You can tell from the pictures that he has quite the sense of humor. The "Mini-Me" one is from last night. One of our co-workers got married on Lake Union and Noah brought me as his date. I guess he's into hot, older women. Just kidding. :)

So, the reason I am introducing you to Noah is because he is exactly the type of person we need more of in this world. Let me explain. First things first. Noah had his last Chemo treatment a few weeks ago and has been given a clean bill of health. He will continue to receive check-ups every once in a while but for the most part, we should see the funny guy in the military uniform back to his normal self very soon.

Throughout his treatments Noah was extremely sick. He had chemo treatments for many hours, nearly every weekday. Cancer treatments became his life and he hated every second of it. He describes his chemo treatment as "in-humane". The second he was "cancer-free" he decided to plan a fundraiser for cancer research. In addition to being quite handsome and a bit of a goofball, Noah is an amazing drummer. He has been in a few different bands and is currently playing with a band called THOMAS STARKS. If you have not heard their music you should look it up on-line. They are great.


So, on November 20th Thomas Starks is headlining a concert at the Triple Door in Seattle. ETHER HOUR is the opening act, and all proceeds from the show go directly to fund testicular cancer research locally in Seattle. If you have never been to the Triple Door, it is definately worth seeing. Tickets for the show are $20 and the venue only holds 300 people. I will be there as will my family. Mom has listed this concert on her list of reasons to stay alive so I fully expect to see her there as well. I will attach a link to the triple door webpage where you can gather more information. I hope to see you there!





Signing off for now....
Amy

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Amy,

You looked beautiful and your date was pretty cute too! I hope you had a great time last night. I'm so happy to hear that Noah is doing so well. From what you always said about him, I couldn't imagine that he wouldn't be a fighter.

I'm going to do my best to make it to the concert, as you all know, AWARENESS is my middle name.

Dreaming Big,
Mom