Friday, August 03, 2007

Back in our own bed

We're back in Stanwood (just in time for me to get ready for the big parade tomorrow). After we got back home, we ran a few errands, then met my parents for a hamburger. Our local fair (The Best Lil' Fair in the West) is going on right now, so we met my folks there. We didn't stay long, but it was nice to see so many familiar faces.

I'm sick of talking about sickness, but I need to tell you how amazing I think modern medicine is becoming. Rick had surgery on Wednesday night. He was released from the hospital last night (Thursday). We drove 6 hours home today. Then tonight, we went out for dinner and took a quick trip through the fair. A few short years ago, he would have still been in the hospital (or if he were on a soap opera he might still be in surgery). I know I shared it with you before, but if you want to know more about Rick's radiation procedure, look online for S.I.R.T Yttrium-90. Amazing stuff.

I've had a few too many coughing spells lately. Thankfully, I have an appointment with the E.N. & T doctor on Thursday, so hopefully...we'll find out it's just a hair ball stuck in my throat. Yuk. I'm sure that's not the problem. Maybe it's just allergies. Maybe I'm allergic to Cancer?

It's time for me to get my beauty sleep for the parade. Oh, GREAT! I should have gone to bed much earlier than now. Like, last week :)

Love you more than all the kids at the parade tomorrow.

Dream Big,
Dor

No comments: