Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Take a break mom...

When I stop by mom and dad's house in the evenings there are a few things I can always count on. Dad will make eye contact with me and smirk while he shakes his foot at me as if to say "I think you should come over here and rub my feet." I have to admit.... I rarely give in to his request.... only during Chemo week. :)

The other thing I know I can count on is mom saying "I need to get in there and write a blog." Now that there is a site meter linked to the blog she can see how many people have checked it during the day and that makes it even worse. Now she says things like "Oh my gosh, I need to write something because 105 people have checked it today and I haven't written anything yet. I don't want to disappoint people." So... tonight while mom and dad are enjoying themselves at the awards banquet at the High School I will give her a night off and let her rest. I might not be as "entertaining" or sarcastic as mom but I will do my best. As long as I end it with an "I love you more than" I should be just fine. Here goes....

I was going to write about medical updates with my dad but I don't have any additional information. I know we are waiting to hear back from the doctor in Spokane to see if they will be heading over there for a consultation later in the week. When they hear more I'm sure my mom will let you know. In the mean time, If you're going to pray for someone please add my dear friend Noah to your list. At the age of 23, started his first round of Chemotherapy today and is already very sick from it. He was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer about a month ago and it appears to be in the lymph nodes around his kidney as well. His Chemo is many hours a day, five days a week. He has a tough road ahead of him with this chemo but he's a tough guy. I know he'll be just fine. Happy thoughts and a few prayers can't hurt.

I don't have any updates about Pam either. I DO know that she has been cracking the whip on those of us who hadn't completed our quilt squares for my mom's fancy quilt they are making. I will admit that I was one of the people who kept putting it off. I'm not going to pretend like I have a clue about how to sew or make anything for a quilt. She called while I was sleeping to remind me that I was a big loser and that my mom wouldn't know that I loved her unless I told her in a quilt square. She has a sense of humor like no one else. If you are reading this and you haven't made a quilt square... you might want to start screening your phone calls. :)

Signing off...
Amy


Oh wait... I almost forgot....

I love you more than Democrats love the next election day. :)

No comments: