Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Heading to Spokane

We're very excited to be heading to Spokane this afternoon. Rick has an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. Liu or Lui??? who specializes in the procedure I talked about the other day. After the consultation and exam, they'll submit a request to Regence and we'll hope for an approval. Everything now-a-days needs the approval from a dozen people. But we'll be patient. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

We have the added bonus of staying with friends while in Spokane. Bob and Dy have now moved into their new house. It's beautiful, but we haven't seen it furnished. They're happy to have us (or so they say...) Bob is like an older brother to me, who makes me do things I get in trouble for. He speeds when I'm in the car with him, makes lots of noise when we're in quiet places so people look at us in disgust, encourages me to ride on dangerous rides in Vegas. Dy and Rick try to keep us grounded...it doesn't always work, but they mean well.

Last night's banquet was delightful. We transformed the gymnasium into a beautiful hall and celebrated the accomplishments and hard work of our senior athletes. I was very proud to be a part of it!

I'll borrow Bob and Dy's computer tomorrow evening when we get done with the Doctor and let you know how the appointment went. After Relay and the banquet, I'm ready to just lay low for a couple of days. Jake is home holding down the fort so we're ok about being away from home.

Dream Big, Keep us in your prayers, and don't forget to laugh out loud!
Doreen

No comments: